Friday, October 11, 2013

Welcome to South America

Well, this is going back a fair way. Have been in SA for three months right now. I'll try to recount things as relevantly and succinctly as I can but there's a lot to catch up on. But it's a pretty awesome story so far, with some pretty awesome characters.

So the flight in was direct from Sydney to Buenos Aires so that was cool. I remember sitting in Sydney airport thinking to myself how I wasn't feeling it as hard as I was feeling it when I went to Miami. I guess it's because my life in Aus had more closure this time, it was less a trip and more something-that-just-happens-in-life. I dunno, most people would see a complete lifestyle change as more exciting and apprehensive than a two week trip to the states but... uh, I don't. Wevs.

Since we were flying against the sun, the flight took 14 hours but I saw the sun go down and come up twice, and arrived only 20 minutes after I left. It was quite bizarre. The pilot did us the favor of flying over the southern Andes and gave us a pretty fucking spectacular view, and for the last three hours of the flight I pointed out of my porthole "I'm going there, and I'm going there, and I'm going there".

A pretty fucking impressive view of the mountains from the plane

When I went through customs at LAX on the Miami trip I was greeted by a CUNT at the desk. This time I don't recall having any issues. I think it's because I had my shit relatively straightened before hitting the desk. I passed them the reciprocity fee paper and the guy just waved it off with an air of "why the fuck would anyone want that?". So $115 well spent HURR. When I got out of customs I headed for the but transfer thing, I had heard it was a lion or something. Turns out the company is called "Manuel Tienda Leon" and they did transfers that, now I know the city, were all OVER the fucking place. We went from The Airport to Retiro to Palermo to Av De Mayo. Anyway, after I bought the ticket for like U$50 (which is ridic) they just pointed me at the door. So I walked through it and found that there was absolutely no way I was going to be able to find this fucking bus. So I walked around randomly for a few minutes and, as always seems to happen to me, just stumbled across the correct bus in some random ass area of the airport, totally freebie.

On the bus I met a pretty chill Aussie dude, can't recall his name, but he was going to the same hostel as me so we decided to stick together for a bit. Ended up sticking together for all of an hour and then just kinda seeing each other round. Oh god the Hostel. Milhouse Avenue...

No comments:

Post a Comment